Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 04:00:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Technical Support

Please register to post your technical support questions here so the community can contribute solutions and help you get the most enjoyment from your tabeo.

Author Topic: Factory Reset mistake.  (Read 5134 times)

Offline Ice_Man29

• tabeo owner: Yes
Factory Reset mistake.
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:49:37 PM »
I have the Tabeo tablet and accidentally factory reset/factory wiped all data, Now I no longer have the TOYS"R"US app store and all the preloaded stuff. Is there anyone who knows how I would go about getting this tab back to the kid friendly tab it once was? Please help...

Offline osivette

Re: Factory Reset mistake.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:10:04 PM »
I have the same problem can anyone help?

Offline KaSey

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 12:14:39 AM »
My son did the same thing???

Offline datcutiememe

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 09:41:27 AM »
I have the same problem everything  the app store all the games have disappeared from the tablet. Do anyone know how to fix it?

Offline tavito

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 10:30:37 PM »
Same here ;(  Help?

Offline Migo

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 11:14:34 AM »
I recently contacted Tabeo support about this very same problem.
If anyone is still looking for a solution or will need it in the future here is what I was told:

1 ) Go to:  http://tabeo.supporttechs.com/
2 ) Download the system.zip file (be aware that it is over 700 MB)
3 ) Once it is finished downloading, unzip the file.  It should give you a system folder.
4 ) Connect your Tabeo to your PC with the USB cable.
5 ) On the "USB Mass Storage" screen that appears, click "Turn on USB storage".  The device should now appear in My Computer
6 ) Double-click to open the device in a new window.
7 ) Copy and paste the system folder (taken from system.zip) into the Tabeo storage (ie: the root of the device). So now, alongside of folders like Android, Download, Video, Music, and many others, you should see a system folder.
8 ) Open Settings -> About Tablet -> Click "start wizard"
9 ) Run through the Startup Wizard and when it asks about installing 3rd party applications, select the option to have them installed.

The wizard should automatically detect the system folder and restore all the starter apps, including the Tabeo App's and Parental Controls.

Hope this helps!

Offline Holly Laster

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
Does any know how to get pass the mobile parent registration part of the tabeo?

Offline VERYmadmom2013

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »
RETURN YOUR TABEOS ASAP
i'm having an issue with setting up parental controls, called customer service, they gave me the number to technical support, tech support has a message saying your tabeo must be registered in order to receive support and then hangs up on you with no chance to speak to any support rep... called back customer service, hey say to just wait a few days and try to set up parental controls again (my 6 year old is crying bc santa gave her something that doesn't work, and is very upset with the elves) obviously upset mother over here is not ok with waiting a few days to try again, to which she says to call Toys R us customer service, but toys r us is 1-closed today and 2- has a disclaimer that clearly states they don't have anything to do with tabeo complaints (hmmmm, funny so specific to tabeo)... very upset mom over here proceeded to not be ok with that response, then "customer service" explains to me that their ONLY job is to enter the 16 digit code into their pretty computer screen and give us the 4 digit code to unlock it and cannot help me with my complaints or activation issues for parental controls, o and she did give me a number claiming to be customer service which is a number that is not in service... so thanks tabeo and toysrus for not thinking of the kids on Christmas and only being money hungry monopolistic jerks... I will make it my new life goal to show the world how out of touch you are with kids and only care about their parents' wallets

Offline joebudden

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »
Click on the Mystery Apps icon to get the Tabeo Store back if you did a Factory Reset

Offline tracyl22

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »
I clicked on the mystery apps file and it said it wasn't installed.

Offline joebudden

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
Did you follow the instructions from one of the other threads that shows you how to put the preloaded apps back on?

Another better option is you can download it from Tabeo AppsLib -- it's called Mystery Apps - Tabeo Store. When you get it up and running, you can even download Pizza Ninja II for free.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:04:49 PM by joebudden »

Recently Posted Topics

Article Menu

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10