Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 06:19:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Technical Support

Please register to post your technical support questions here so the community can contribute solutions and help you get the most enjoyment from your tabeo.

Author Topic: setting up parental control  (Read 12638 times)

Offline jo

• tabeo owner: Yes
setting up parental control
« on: December 25, 2013, 12:28:25 PM »
will not let me use apps til this is set up,and cannot get thru process. did a factory reset,lost free apps.

Offline chrisb

Re: setting up parental control
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 12:31:35 PM »
I think this is retarded......cant connect to wifi...........cant use apps because of parents control cant change parent controls because I have no wifi

Offline ordowj56

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »
having the same problems.  this thing sux

Offline dcanadian

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »
I just purchased this tabeo for my son for Christmas. Tried setting up parental control and it will not allow me to do so. All of the apps are blocked. He is so disappointed. I called the tech support line and it is busy, can someone help :'(

Offline ycunderground

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 01:23:20 PM »
This is very disappointing, I'm having the same issue with the apps being block and even on WiFi I'm not allow to register parental control filter software. The registration process will not complete, making this device a useless paper weight.

Offline midasallen

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »
Great! The same guys who designed the Parental Control also designed the ObamaCare website.  2 VERY disappointed kids very angry with Santa.  Toys-R-Us -- FAIL!

Offline rojas714

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »
Having the same issue here. Please someone post a fix, I emailed tech support have not heard back yet. Kid is crying and Im getting frustated with this, its christmas day and I have been stuck on this toy for hours.

Offline knaamean

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 03:31:47 PM »
Many sad kids and frustrated parents this Christmas.  So much anticipation met with so much frustration.  I hope Tabeo can fix this soon.  I'm out of options other than taking my Tabeo back for another tablet.  Anyone with a solution? :-\

Offline ben.ingwerson@gmail.com

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »
dpeThis is a horrible system and no tech support.....cant believe this is a Toys r US product!

Offline VERYmadmom2013

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 04:08:32 PM »
RETURN YOUR TABEOS ASAP
i'm having an issue with setting up parental controls, called customer service, they gave me the number to technical support, tech support has a message saying your tabeo must be registered in order to receive support and then hangs up on you with no chance to speak to any support rep... called back customer service, hey say to just wait a few days and try to set up parental controls again (my 6 year old is crying bc santa gave her something that doesn't work, and is very upset with the elves) obviously upset mother over here is not ok with waiting a few days to try again, to which she says to call Toys R us customer service, but toys r us is 1-closed today and 2- has a disclaimer that clearly states they don't have anything to do with tabeo complaints (hmmmm, funny so specific to tabeo)... very upset mom over here proceeded to not be ok with that response, then "customer service" explains to me that their ONLY job is to enter the 16 digit code into their pretty computer screen and give us the 4 digit code to unlock it and cannot help me with my complaints or activation issues for parental controls, o and she did give me a number claiming to be customer service which is a number that is not in service... so thanks tabeo and toysrus for not thinking of the kids on Christmas and only being money hungry monopolistic jerks... I will make it my new life goal to show the world how out of touch you are with kids and only care about their parents' wallets

Offline perez02

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 06:58:26 PM »
 my child it's so angry with that's  #### of tablet,  tomorrow going to store to return a tablet.. >:( >:( >:(

Offline midasallen

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »
I figured it out!  I was totally ready to return both, then I figured it out -- i created a new thread with the fix   http://tabeoforum.com/index.php/topic,37.0.html

Offline ycunderground

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 12:22:33 AM »
Glad you found a fix, I got tired of trying to fix it and just rooted the device adding google play store and other apps such as netflix. I'm using other apps to hide apps that I don't want my kid to have access and using other filtering 3rd party app. Seem to work really well with everything. I had to kill the parental control app and there browser app which is all tide together. All in all I had no other choice with my kid upset, it was either return it tomorrow or fix it now, which I did. Such I had to go this route.

Offline kellykellyhuron@aol.com

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 12:12:50 AM »
Like everyone else, I was frustrated and upset on Christmas. Today, I was finally able to register the tablets. I suggest everyone retry the process. Don't reset the tablet or you will lose the free apps. To restart setup, go to Apps and then Settings. Goto the About Tab and select the Setup Wizard at the bottom. Reboot the tabeo and the setup wizard will take you through. This time the parental control setup should work properly.
For the apps to work, I found that I had to long on to parental control site and redo my password(I set it to the same). After that the apps worked.
I have 2 tablets. On one I did the factory reset, which blew away the apps. I followed the steps for reinstalling them, which didn't work. Finally, I used the explorer app to manually install the apps, which was a pain. Unfortunately, some of the apps are different.
We paid $100 per tablet,which was cheaper than the Nabi or the Samsung - by a lot in the case of the Samsung. In the end, I guess it was worth it. But I was UPSET on Christmas.

Offline njank

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 09:43:55 AM »
Glad you found a fix, I got tired of trying to fix it and just rooted the device adding google play store and other apps such as netflix. I'm using other apps to hide apps that I don't want my kid to have access and using other filtering 3rd party app. Seem to work really well with everything. I had to kill the parental control app and there browser app which is all tide together. All in all I had no other choice with my kid upset, it was either return it tomorrow or fix it now, which I did. Such I had to go this route.

glad to hear you got things working. I had set mine up before the xmas crunch, but disabled the parental filter on XMAS since it the website wouldn't respond and I had forgotten to manually enable all the pre-installed apps. Also, manually installing Amazon appstore was a nice add since it doesn't require any advanced tinkering. I may follow the xda forum instructions for rooting/installing play store, but first I wondered which other parental control app you switched to? Was going to look for alternatives since this one was such a headache. Also, is it the browser too and not just the parental app handicapping the browser? did you just install chrome or something else?

Recently Posted Topics

Article Menu

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10