Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 07:29:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Technical Support

Please register to post your technical support questions here so the community can contribute solutions and help you get the most enjoyment from your tabeo.

Author Topic: Parental Controls Account won't register  (Read 21762 times)

Offline richard498

• tabeo owner: Yes
Parental Controls Account won't register
« on: December 25, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »
When trying to register a parental account, it says I need to register through the app.  But when I click on the app, it opens a web page. 

I can't download a newer version of the app because it's blocked and wants me to log in to parental controls, which I can't because I can't register an account. 

Does anyone know how I can get a parental control account registered so I can use the apps?  Everything seems to be blocked.  I can't shut anything off either.  This is the first time I've turned the tablet on.  Thanks in advance.

Offline dcanadian

Re: Parental Controls Account won't register
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 01:17:14 PM »
I'm having the same problem. hopefully if I get in touch with tech support I will pas on the information given.

Offline KellyC

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »
We are having the same problem.  Very disappointed.  This was a gift from Santa.  What are we supposed to do now???

Offline ceeto86

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »
I'm having the same problem, I think we should return this product.

Offline richard498

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »
Figured it out.  I used the account name and password I created for this forum, then had to put in a credit card for $1, which they refund, then the parental control app worked with this log in.

Offline khusak

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »
Same here...this is ridiculous!  My son got it for Christmas this morning and I have spent a VERY frustrating 2 hrs on CHRISTMAS trying to fix it.  Tabeo is going to get an earfull when I can finally get through!

Offline Ashleyanne19905

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
Where does it give you the option to put in a credit card?

Offline usmcnaftals

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 02:46:22 PM »
Same issue and we have three :-( I even tried to register on here and its not working that way either...we have been at it for 4 hours  >:(

Offline brownboysmom

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
My boys each got one from Santa this morning and I have spent all morning trying to get thru the parental controls to be able to get them setup for them but cannot get past 3/4 screen in setup process.

I made the mistake to reset on one of them but that just lead to another problem of no longer having the free apps!

I am SO frustrated that we cannot get through to support by any method!

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I cannot get to a screen to do the credit card thing like someone suggested.

Offline usmcnaftals

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 02:51:30 PM »
I also did a reset and lost the apps but you can get them free again through the app store

Offline Holly Laster

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 02:56:02 PM »
I have three myself can someone post step by step instructions on how to fix the parental filter problem discussed.  I have been at this for 4 hours as well. Details would help

Offline sodtheworld

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 03:00:46 PM »
I am another one of the many having a frustrating Christmas day . . . same problem.  Won't get past the third screen - says you need to register from the connected tablet from the app . . . but that's what we are doing.

I will post again if I get it figured out.  Whoever solves this will be a hero :)   I don't understand the $1 credit card solution from previous reply.

Offline rpi_grad

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 03:05:32 PM »
This is getting ridiculous.  I am about to return the Tabeo and get a different tablet for my son.  He is being patient but I am getting frustrated with the initial setup. 

I have tried using the ID I setup for this forum and it is still giving me the same error.

Support for this is POOR since I can't access them through any method they provided.   >:(

Offline ivonrodperez

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »
We have three and are having exact same problem as everyone else... Happy holidays!!
Chat support doesn't come up, their phone number gives busy dial tone... so zero customer support.

Using info I created for this forum does not allow me to log on, nor does it give me a credit card option.

If someone figures this out, please keep the rest of us posted. Would love my children to be able to play with their Christmas gift today... and they also keep asking... "can we use it now? what about now? is it ready now?"

Offline midasallen

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 03:18:09 PM »
FAIL! The same guys who designed the Tabeo Parental Control also designed the ObamaCare website.  2 VERY disappointed kids very angry with Santa.  Toys-R-Us -- you FAIL!

Recently Posted Topics

Article Menu

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10