Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 02:59:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Technical Support

Please register to post your technical support questions here so the community can contribute solutions and help you get the most enjoyment from your tabeo.

Author Topic: FIXED! How to set Parental Controls!!!!!  (Read 2800 times)

Offline midasallen

• tabeo owner: Yes
FIXED! How to set Parental Controls!!!!!
« on: December 25, 2013, 11:34:12 PM »
Follow these steps on a PC -- NOT on the locked tablet!!!!
1.Copy the following to a new page, but do NOT press enter yet:

http://mpf.profiltechnology.fr/wzdinit.aspx?guid=XXXXXXXXXXXX&model=TABEO%208&app=darkcafe

You will have to replace the GU ID value XXXXXXXXXXXXX with the ACTUAL one of your tabled ID - This was my HARDEST thing to find!  It is ALL THE NUMBERS of the RIGHT SKU bar on the box it came in.  Mine had a 6, then some long bars to ignore, then 5 digits, more bars, 5 more numbers, more long bars, then a final single number.  Replace ALL the "XXXXXXXX" in the URL with those numbers, WITHOUT any dashes.

2. Complete 4 step account setup wizard - in last step when it asks for  "Child's firstname" enter unique Id there something like JoeDoe2009 - there seems to be some issues with unique names for app because when I enter my sons name it said it was already taken.  I put in my childs name and MY whole birthdate for something unique.  It worked!

3. After Child's name was registered you will be redirected to payment page - you will have to enter Credit card payment info for $1 transaction (text says that you will be reimbursed for that later).  This really is legit.

4. You should see page saying tablet was registered and You should receive email with your Id and password in clear text to email you used for registration.

5. (optional) See #6 Go back to tabled and tap on MobileParentalFilter icon (one that looks like flower) -- you will see registration wizard again -- on the bottom there is a link saying "ALREADY GOT ACCOUNT" - enter your email ID and password there - you will be taken to parental filter activation on tablet and all should be set.

6.  I logged in on the tablet to set all the times, websites on the tablet and that was AWFUL.  MUCH easier to do by logging on in your PC using your new username and password.

7. Tell Toys R Us that they owe me BIG TIME - this was their #1 item for 2013 and I fixed it because I'm awesome.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:48:07 PM by midasallen »

Offline Dissapointed

Re: FIXED! How to set Parental Controls!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 12:47:41 AM »
Used your link and had box in hand with sku # (1 digit, bars, more digits, bars etc.) ready to enter..first they wanted email, password blah blah blah just to tell me this has to be done from the actual tablet...? I have no wifi on tablet (yes I have wifi in my home before you ask)..I have nothing...everything is blocked, non accessible...?It is now almost 10 at night and working on this thing ALL day.... oh well Toys R Us opens in the morning I will return and ask for my money back and buy something else. Perhaps at a reputable electronics dealer...

Offline Ahbumpus

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 12:50:15 AM »
So what if I threw the box away, what then???

Offline midasallen

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 01:02:31 AM »
Used your link and had box in hand with sku # (1 digit, bars, more digits, bars etc.) ready to enter..first they wanted email, password blah blah blah just to tell me this has to be done from the actual tablet...? I have no wifi on tablet (yes I have wifi in my home before you ask)..I have nothing...everything is blocked, non accessible...?It is now almost 10 at night and working on this thing ALL day.... oh well Toys R Us opens in the morning I will return and ask for my money back and buy something else. Perhaps at a reputable electronics dealer...

It will think, because you used the GU ID # in the web address, that you are activating by the tablet.  Obviously a VERY POOR design.

Offline jasonc

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 01:03:01 AM »
I got sent to a page that said "congratulations your tablet is now registered" but I haven't received any email (inbox or junk).  When I followed the link on the page and entered my email it said it wasn't valid.  So I now have a registered pain in the @ss but no working tablet.

Offline midasallen

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 01:09:28 AM »
I don't know that ANY email will ever be received.  But I am able to see the settings I enabled on the PC right on the tablet screen 

HOWEVER  It is STILL BLOCKING every app.

Offline tracyl22

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 01:25:27 AM »
I tried this fix as well but it never put me through the setup sent me straight to the "your tablet has been registered" message... still can't log in though...getting frustrated!! Been trying to get this to work all day (thought I had it once but it was still an epic fail). Even made the mistake of factory reset and lost all the apps.... not to mention the 35 minutes on hold with support and still never talked to a rep as I got tired of waiting!!

Offline bfrancis

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 02:33:21 AM »
Did what the poster said; registered everything fine, but it still blocks all the apps.  I've updated the permissions to allow all apps yet they still get stopped.  What now?

Offline midasallen

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 02:37:56 AM »
Thread author here:  Many other sites report that the stupid French company that makes the parental control software (Profil) is OVERWHELMED and constantly crashing.  Apparently we ARE doing the registration right, but they now ask we wait til FRIDAY.

I swear, this is the ObamaCare of tablets:  Great promises: Zero delivery.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:42:15 AM by midasallen »

Offline tracyl22

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 09:26:45 AM »
Did mine this morning.... Works fine!! However still can't figure out to recover lost apps!!

Offline rocky49152

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 11:23:27 AM »
Follow these steps on a PC -- NOT on the locked tablet!!!!
1.Copy the following to a new page, but do NOT press enter yet:

http://mpf.profiltechnology.fr/wzdinit.aspx?guid=XXXXXXXXXXXX&model=TABEO%208&app=darkcafe

You will have to replace the GU ID value XXXXXXXXXXXXX with the ACTUAL one of your tabled ID - This was my HARDEST thing to find!  It is ALL THE NUMBERS of the RIGHT SKU bar on the box it came in.  Mine had a 6, then some long bars to ignore, then 5 digits, more bars, 5 more numbers, more long bars, then a final single number.  Replace ALL the "XXXXXXXX" in the URL with those numbers, WITHOUT any dashes.

2. Complete 4 step account setup wizard - in last step when it asks for  "Child's firstname" enter unique Id there something like JoeDoe2009 - there seems to be some issues with unique names for app because when I enter my sons name it said it was already taken.  I put in my childs name and MY whole birthdate for something unique.  It worked!

3. After Child's name was registered you will be redirected to payment page - you will have to enter Credit card payment info for $1 transaction (text says that you will be reimbursed for that later).  This really is legit.

4. You should see page saying tablet was registered and You should receive email with your Id and password in clear text to email you used for registration.

5. (optional) See #6 Go back to tabled and tap on MobileParentalFilter icon (one that looks like flower) -- you will see registration wizard again -- on the bottom there is a link saying "ALREADY GOT ACCOUNT" - enter your email ID and password there - you will be taken to parental filter activation on tablet and all should be set.

6.  I logged in on the tablet to set all the times, websites on the tablet and that was AWFUL.  MUCH easier to do by logging on in your PC using your new username and password.

7. Tell Toys R Us that they owe me BIG TIME - this was their #1 item for 2013 and I fixed it because I'm awesome.

:D Thanks for posting.  I followed these instructions and now my 2 daughters are happily buzzing with their tablets.  One additional caveat for those unfortunate enough to have purchased more than one of these - I was not able to find a way to add both my daughters to the same email profile.  For a workaround I ended up having to create another free email account using it to register the 2nd tablet.  Toys 'R' Us should be reimbursing customers who bought these somehow - just for wasted time and aggravation, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline titalinda

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
These are great notes.  I followed the notes first time and had hell though.  I was lucky to have been able to do...it was an accident pretty much...but the second time for the other tabeo we have.... I realized when you cut and paste the website (with your unique tabeo id) and press enter, it erases some letters after TABEO.  If I remember I think it removes the %20.  Anyway, I entered the missing stuff-DID NOT PRESS ENTER AFTERWARDS- and just filled in the required info.  email address and password stuff.  I clicked on next and tadaaaaa!!  Thats all it was after all.  I'm pretty sure it'll work for you all.  Good luck!

Offline knaamean

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 02:47:52 PM »
I was able to register my kids tablet (1:20PM Central Time, USA), finally!  I guess they fixed the server?  I didn't have to use any special tricks either.  Maybe Santa will have a better R&D team next time.  Although, this Christmas will always have a Tabeo asterisk beside it.  I hope everyone else is having success now. ;D

Offline Xipetotec

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 02:57:39 PM »
Hello.

I follow the steps on my laptop and worked just fine. Then I check on the tablet and the settings on the Parental Control where the same as in my laptop.

The thing is... the apps are not working. Everytime I tap one it starts and then crashes and it says that "the app is forbidden" (or something like that).

Anyone has had this problem and fixed it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline joebudden

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »
IF ALL YOUR APPS ARE BLOCKED:

You have to go into the Mobile Parental Filter (icon looks like a 4-color flower) on the device or you can go to http://mpf.profiltechnology.com/home.aspx then log in and go to Apps and turn all the Applications to ON and also uncheck where it says "Forbid newly installed applications".

Hope this helps.

Recently Posted Topics

Article Menu

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10