Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2017, 11:45:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Technical Support

Please register to post your technical support questions here so the community can contribute solutions and help you get the most enjoyment from your tabeo.

Author Topic: FIXED! How to set Parental Controls!!!!!  (Read 12763 times)

Offline acon

• tabeo owner: Yes
Re: FIXED! How to set Parental Controls!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 06:25:13 PM »
I followed the instructions and it  takes me to the site and says it must be launched from the app!  I am using a Samsung tablet is that  the problem??

Offline Xipetotec

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »
IF ALL YOUR APPS ARE BLOCKED:

You have to go into the Mobile Parental Filter (icon looks like a 4-color flower) on the device or you can go to http://mpf.profiltechnology.com/home.aspx then log in and go to Apps and turn all the Applications to ON and also uncheck where it says "Forbid newly installed applications".

Hope this helps.

Not working. I did that on the laptop and then checked it on the tablet and the settings are the same. Everything is "allowed" and the box unchecked.

I'm starting to think I'm going to return it and get something that my son can actually use.

Offline joebudden

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »
I suspect that the email address / account that you are logging into Profil with is not the one that is tied to the Tabeo.

Do this:

1) Go to Settings (pull down on the upper right hand corner)
2) Go to Security on the left hand side
3) Go to Device administrators on the right hand side
4) Click on the "Mobile Parental Filter Uninstall Protection" (it may ask you to activate it for the first time, go ahead and activate it)
5) Now, go and try to deactivate it by clicking on it again and clicking on Deactivate
6) You should see a dialog saying "Protection disabling will be notified to e-mail address: <some email address>"

That email address is that that is tied to the Tabeo... is that the one you are logging into Profil with?

Offline Xipetotec

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »
There is no e-mail address. I think that is the key to solving my problem. I'll post here if I was able to fix it.

Offline joebudden

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
Yeah, I recommend reaching out to the Tech Support e-mail and tell them that the Profil set up on your Tabeo never completed and that you need Profil to do a reset on your device so that you can go through the set up flow again. Also, send them your Tabeo's MAC address as well.

Factory reset will not work for you in this scenario.

Offline lori dempsey

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »
thx to all parents for the input!  Crazy that this info was more help then the company, you are awesome, kids love them now....

Offline rprimeau95

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 09:48:41 AM »
Hi quick question to access on computer  like mentioned below what if you already registered all three tablets? I am upset we can't access the google play apps and amazon? I thought they said android apps? even when you do a google search and an app shows up we click on it and the screen flashes white blinking off and on... if we follow instructions below obviously we have to do it three times because we have 3 tablets sounds like I need to use three diff emails, will this void our warranties? I was thinking just return all three for Kindle Fires HD tablets they have a parental control anyone use these yet the newer version?

Follow these steps on a PC -- NOT on the locked tablet!!!!
1.Copy the following to a new page, but do NOT press enter yet:

http://mpf.profiltechnology.fr/wzdinit.aspx?guid=XXXXXXXXXXXX&model=TABEO%208&app=darkcafe

You will have to replace the GU ID value XXXXXXXXXXXXX with the ACTUAL one of your tabled ID - This was my HARDEST thing to find!  It is ALL THE NUMBERS of the RIGHT SKU bar on the box it came in.  Mine had a 6, then some long bars to ignore, then 5 digits, more bars, 5 more numbers, more long bars, then a final single number.  Replace ALL the "XXXXXXXX" in the URL with those numbers, WITHOUT any dashes.

2. Complete 4 step account setup wizard - in last step when it asks for  "Child's firstname" enter unique Id there something like JoeDoe2009 - there seems to be some issues with unique names for app because when I enter my sons name it said it was already taken.  I put in my childs name and MY whole birthdate for something unique.  It worked!

3. After Child's name was registered you will be redirected to payment page - you will have to enter Credit card payment info for $1 transaction (text says that you will be reimbursed for that later).  This really is legit.

4. You should see page saying tablet was registered and You should receive email with your Id and password in clear text to email you used for registration.

5. (optional) See #6 Go back to tabled and tap on MobileParentalFilter icon (one that looks like flower) -- you will see registration wizard again -- on the bottom there is a link saying "ALREADY GOT ACCOUNT" - enter your email ID and password there - you will be taken to parental filter activation on tablet and all should be set.

6.  I logged in on the tablet to set all the times, websites on the tablet and that was AWFUL.  MUCH easier to do by logging on in your PC using your new username and password.

7. Tell Toys R Us that they owe me BIG TIME - this was their #1 item for 2013 and I fixed it because I'm awesome.

Recently Posted Topics

Article Menu

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10